Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
LV San Diego Century -- CANCELED
Saturday, November 18, 2023, 8:00 AM until 6:15 PM Pacific Time (US & Canada) (UTC-08:00)
Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center | ARTIC
2626 E Katella Ave
Anaheim, CA 92806
Registration is not Required
If you're interested in this ride, please click the RSVP button to the right.
This ride starts at the Anaheim Regional Hub, ending at the Santa Fe Amtrak Station in downtown San Diego. There will be 4 SAG stops, including lunch, along the way. Riders must be able to ride at a B pace (18-20 mph) as we have a train to catch at 4pm!
Lightning Velo will sponsor a truck (to bring back all our bikes), as well as snacks and drinks on the ride, lunch, and snacks on the train. Riders will be responsible for the cost of their train tickets--approximately $30 each. The Club will order the train tickets in advance--SO IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT RIDERS CONFIRM BEFORE MIDNIGHT, WEDNESDAY NOV. 15, SO CORRECT NUMBER OF TIX CAN BE PURCHASED. Each rider will then reimburse the club for their train ticket.
Riders will need to bring:
• well rested body, mind and soul
• well tuned and century suitable bike
• bike tires in good condition, spare tubes and inflation resource
• bottles for water on ride
• helmet, shoes, gloves
• riding clothes for cool weather at start and warm weather later on
• personal snacks
• street clothes and sundries for changing into for the train ride back, and a bag to carry them in
• VERY IMPORTANT--a moving blanket or similar to wrap your bike in for being packed into the truck for the drive back to Anaheim
• a Happy Outlook for a long ride